Categories are key events found on a call. For example, when an agent says, "This call may be monitored and recorded" you may see a "Monitoring statement" category on the call.
They can also be a series of events or patterns found on the call. If your business objectives require an agent to complete a specific sequence of actions, categories can be used to show whether or not the sequence was performed correctly.
While categories may be referenced by anyone, they are created by trained team members or admins.
Categories make it easy to:
- Track whether or not business objectives were met on the call.
- Visually see where a key event occurred in a call.
- Easily filter calls which contain the key event.
- Customize report graphs to show how frequently a key event occurs across your calls.
Categories in Search & browse:
- Categories filter: allows you to filter calls by category. This filter appears in two places: either at the top of the page or in the filters drawer (via the Filters button).
- Graph criteria: allows you to quickly change the graph's criteria (for example, by total calls, agents, categories, etc.).
- Graph data: when the graph criteria is set to categories, you can see a visual representation of the category data on the graph.
- Category (pink): a collection of auto detected insights related to your business objectives.
- Label (grey): a manually applied tag on a call to group calls for future review. Labels that have been added to the calls are created by users and can be made private or public.
What's the difference between categories and labels?
Categories are assigned automatically to calls. Labels are tags you create and manually assign to a call. Labels can be used for helping you to organize a group of calls. For example, the label "training examples" can be applied to calls you want to review in training sessions. Learn more about labels.
Categories in Calls:
- Category (timeline): displays the name of a category found in the call. A solid red dot in the timeline reflects there's one category; a hollow red dot reflects there are multiple categories.
- Categories filter: allows you to filter the categories shown within the timeline.
- Category (transcript): displays the name of the category found at this point in the call transcript.