Connect your SFTP server with Tethr to export customer interaction audio, chats, cases and their associated metadata from Tethr.
This article covers configuring an SFTP App Integration in Tethr.
What we'll cover:
Before you begin:
- You must be a Tethr Admin to connect the SFTP server integration with Tethr.
- SFTP must be enabled for your organization to add the integration. If it's not, first submit a support ticket to get SFTP enabled.
- You’ll need the following SFTP information:
- SFTP credentials to connect to your server.
- The server hostname.
- Optional: Path for sending customer interactions to a specific SFTP folder.
- Optional: PGP public key if files should be encrypted.
- Optional: Fingerprints for verification.
Step 1: Create a new SFTP integration and authenticate your SFTP credentials in Tethr
In this section, you'll create a new SFTP integration by securely entering your SFTP client credentials into Tethr to authenticate the connection.
- Under the Admin section of your Tethr account menu, select Integrations.
- Choose the Add integration menu and select SFTP.
- You'll be asked to authenticate your Tethr credentials by confirming them. If your credentials are correct, select Authorize to proceed.
- Within the new Untitled SFTP integration, make sure to name it something that helps you recognize it later. Rename the integration by clicking the name "Untitled SFTP integration," which is editable inline. Type your new integration name into the field that appears. Any edits to the name will need to be saved.
- Next, enter your SFTP server hostname into the Hostname field.
Note: Optionally, you can enter additional credentials for the following fields:
- Path for sending customer interactions to a specific SFTP folder.
- PGP public key if files should be encrypted.
- Fingerprints for verification.
- Under the Authentication section, select the Add authentication link, then enter your SFTP server credentials:
a) Username: copy and paste the SFTP server username here.
b) Password: copy and paste the SFTP server password here.
c) Save your credentials to securely authorize the connection between your SFTP server and Tethr.
d) You'll be asked to re-authenticate your Tethr credentials. If your credentials are correct, select Authorize to proceed.
Step 2: Define the filter criteria to trigger which customer interactions Tethr sends to your SFTP server
In this section, you'll choose the criteria that will trigger Tethr to send specific customer interactions to your SFTP server.
- Within your new SFTP integration in Tethr, under the section Triggers with this integration, select the Add trigger button to specify filter criteria that will trigger Tethr to send the interaction data you define to your SFTP server.
Triggers are the same filter criteria you'll see in Tethr's Filter panel on Search & browse. Triggers allow you to refine your interaction data further by date and time constraints, country, language, categories, custom groups (teams), talk time, agents, customers, number dialed and more.
- Make sure to Name your trigger something memorable that reflects the type of criteria you choose and insights you're passing through. For example, "U.S. Sales closer or provider." You can easily name or rename your trigger by clicking the Name of the trigger and typing into the field that appears. Any edits to the name will need to be saved.
- You may be prompted to Save your trigger at this point or any previous changes you've made may be lost.
- Triggers you configure can be enabled or disabled separately from the integration within the Triggers page.
Step 3: Enable your new SFTP integration in Tethr
Once you've authenticated the connection between your SFTP server and Tethr and enabled the criteria that will trigger which interactions to send, then saved your settings, enable the integration.
Enabling the integration will prompt interactions to begin flowing through from Tethr to your SFTP server.
- At the top of your new SFTP integration in Tethr, just under its name, are two options to enable or disable the integration.
- Make sure to Name your integration something memorable that reflects the type of connection and insights you're passing through, or the type of project. For example, "U.S. customer chats." You can easily name or rename your integration by clicking the Name of the integration and typing into the field that appears. Any edits to the name will need to be saved.
- You may be prompted to Save your integration at this point or any previous changes you've made may be lost.
- Once you've enabled and named your SFTP integration, customer interactions (call audio, chats or cases) that match the trigger criteria you've set will begin flowing from Tethr to your SFTP server.