Sync Qualtrics and Tethr together to see your customer phone and chat conversations—and rich Tethr voice intelligence—in your Qualtrics dashboard. This article covers the initial OAuth client setup in Qualtrics and configuring the connection between the two applications within Tethr.
With this connection, you'll combine Tethr's powerful, research-backed CX, marketing and sales insights with Qualtrics survey data. Then drill-down into the interaction from your Qualtrics dash, revealing each customer conversation's insights, a full transcript, playback, CRM integration and the Tethr Effort Index (TEI) automated effort score.
What we'll cover:
- Enable your new Qualtrics integration in Tethr
Before you begin:
- You must be a Tethr admin to add the Qualtrics integration with Tethr.
- Qualtrics must be enabled for your organization to add the integration. If it's not, first submit a support ticket to get Qualtrics enabled.
- You’ll need a Qualtrics account to connect it with Tethr. This account will have client credentials you'll use in Tethr to connect your Qualtrics project and allow it to receive your customer interactions and metadata from Tethr.
Step 1: Create client credentials in the Qualtrics OAuth client manager
- Under your Qualtrics account Profile, select Account Settings.
- Within the My Account navigation, select Qualtrics IDs and then OAuth Client Manager.
- Choose the + Create Client button and complete the following OAuth client credential fields:
Within the Create Client pop-up complete the following fields:
a) Name: give your OAuth client connection a name that indicates the type of integration. For example, “Tethr connection”.
b) Contact: enter your optional email address, for example, Name@company.com.
c) Choose your Grant Type from the menu. In this case, Client Credentials.
d) Select the + Create Client button to create the Qualtrics OAuth client credentials you'll use to sync with Tethr.
- Securely copy the newly-created client credentials (Client ID and Client Secret as shown below) directly from Qualtrics into Tethr.
Step 2: Authenticate your Qualtrics client credentials in Tethr and create a new Qualtrics project
In this section, you'll begin creating a new Qualtrics integration by securely entering the client credentials you just created in Qualtrics into Tethr to authenticate the connection. Then, you'll create a new Qualtrics project from Tethr.
- Under your Tethr account Profile, select Settings.
- Within the Settings' left side menu under the Admin section, select Integrations.
- Choose the Add integration menu and select Qualtrics.
- You'll be asked to authenticate your Tethr credentials by confirming them. If your credentials are correct, select Authorize to proceed.
- Within the new Qualtrics integration, under the Authentication section select the Add authentication button, then complete the following fields:
a) Client ID: copy and paste the OAuth client identifier you created in Qualtrics.
b) Client secret: copy and paste the OAuth client secret you created in Qualtrics.
c) Qualtrics subdomain Enter only the subdomain name found at the beginning of the URL to your Qualtrics account. For example, if your Qualtrics account URL is https://company.qualtrics.com/ you'd enter only the word "company."
d) Select Update credentials to securely authorize the connection between Qualtrics and Tethr.
e) You'll be asked to re-authenticate your Tethr credentials. If your credentials are correct, select Authorize to proceed.
- Once authenticated, add a project name to create a new project in Qualtrics and send Tethr insights to it in the form of survey questions. You'll be asked to re-authenticate your Tethr credentials. If your credentials are correct, select Authorize to proceed.
- The newly-created Qualtrics project may look like the following inside your Qualtrics Projects Section. Note that the survey questions and languages of your survey will be defined by the insights you choose to send from Tethr to Qualtrics and the trigger criteria you set up in step three and step four below.
Step 3: Define which insights to send to your Qualtrics dashboard in Tethr
In this section, you'll choose which insights you'd like to sync from Tethr into your Qualtrics dashboard.
Within your new Qualtrics integration in Tethr, under the section Data sent to Qualtrics, you can choose from the following types of data to send:
- interaction details like date, time, agent, direction, call groups
- customer details like name, phone number or customer identifier
- automated scores, like Tethr Effort Index
- categories, like customer Frustration or Effort
- custom metadata that your organization has defined
- and call group types that will include groups of users, or teams, with access to a specific subset of calls, like your customer service agents for a specific product or in a specific region or your sales, product, compliance or HR teams
Step 4: Define the filter criteria to trigger what insights Tethr sends to your Qualtrics dashboard
In this section, you'll choose the criteria that will trigger Tethr to send the insights you've chosen in the previous section to your Qualtrics dashboard.
- Within your new Qualtrics integration in Tethr, under the section Triggers with this integration select the Choose triggers button to specify filter criteria that will trigger Tethr to send the data you just defined in the previous section to Qualtrics.
Triggers are the same filter criteria you'll see in Tethr's Filter panel on Search & browse. Triggers allow you to refine your interaction data further by date and time constraints, country, language, categories, custom groups (teams), talk time, agents, customers, number dialed and more.
- Make sure to Name your trigger something memorable that reflects the type of criteria you choose and insights you're passing through. For example, "U.S. Sales closer or provider." You can easily name or rename your trigger by clicking the Name of the trigger and typing into the field that appears. Any edits to the name will need to be saved.
- You may be prompted to Save your trigger at this point or any previous changes you've made may be lost.
Tip: As you save each new trigger, your new Qualtrics project will be updated with the new filter criteria you've set.
- Triggers you configure can be enabled or disabled separately from the integration within the Triggers page.
Step 5: Enable your new Qualtrics integration in Tethr
Once you've authenticated the connection between Qualtrics and Tethr, defined the insights you'd like to send and enabled the criteria that will trigger their send, then saved your settings, enable the integration.
Enabling the integration will prompt interactions to begin flowing through from Tethr to your Qualtrics project.
- At the top of your new Qualtrics integration in Tethr, just under its name, are two options to enable or disable the integration.
- Make sure to Name your integration something memorable that reflects the type of connection and insights you're passing through, or the type of project. For example, "New U.S. customer survey integration." You can easily name or rename your integration by clicking the Name of the integration and typing into the field that appears. Any edits to the name will need to be saved.
- You may be prompted to Save your integration at this point or any previous changes you've made may be lost.
- Once you've enabled and named your new Qualtrics integration, interactions (calls and chats) that match the data and trigger criteria you've set will begin flowing from Tethr into your Qualtrics project.