Quickly spot trends and emphasis within trends using a sparkline graph in your report. Then, customize your sparkline graph's scale and see the change from a prior period before you add it to your dashboard.
Instead of struggling to read a traditional line graph with 10 or more categories on it, build a sparkline graph so you can emphasize an item, like Call Reason, within the overall trend. Each listed line item emphasizes category, agent or custom group (team) trends with smaller line graphs, so you can get a sense of the relationship of one item relative to the group of items.
From Search & browse, either select the Graphing tab next to the Filters tab, or begin a new search and select the option to Show graph next to the Save as a report button.
From My reports either select the Graphing tab or open a saved report in My reports list.
Create a sparkline graph:
- Within the Graphing tab, select the Graph type menu and choose the List (sparklines) option.
- To set up your sparkline graph, first choose what you want to measure on your Measurement menu, or y-axis.
a) Do you want to measure by interaction volume or a subset of volume? And, do you want to show a percentage or count of that measurement?
b) Or, do you want to measure by interaction length, silence or talk time or Tethr Effort Index score? With these measurements, you can also opt to show average, minimum or maximum values or, in the case of silence time and talk time, a percent of the total.
Choose your graphing criteria according to your needs and the element you want to emphasize or show in a visual trend.
- On the Group by menu, define the element the data will be grouped by including agents, categories and custom groups (teams).
- To save your graph as a report, select the Save as report button to the left of the Filter and Graphing menus and edit its title if needed. The new instance of the report you just saved will display.
- To create a sparkline graph from an existing Report, open that report's Graphing panel, select the Graph type menu and choose the List (sparklines) option.
- Edit your graphing criteria according to your needs and the element you want to emphasize (covered in step 2 above).
- You can undo the last number of criteria you've applied (within your current browser session) by selecting Undo at the top of the Graphing panel next to Close.
- Selecting Close will close the Graphing panel, but will save any filter selections you've made.
- Then in the More actions ( ••• ) menu in the report's header, choose Save as to save your report and edit its title if needed. The new instance of the report you just saved will display.
Customize your sparkline graph's scale and see a prior period comparison:
Learn how to zoom the scale of your sparkline graph and show positive or negative change compared to a previous period.
|Shown above, zoom your sparkline graph's scale and show previous period comparison using Delta. Learn more about how to compare periods of time using Delta.|
Zoom your scale on a sparkline graph
- Within your sparkline graph, under the Graphing panel select the More actions ( ••• ) menu on your Measurement (y-axis).
- Choose the Customize scale option to restrict your graph's y-axis to its smallest value.
- Your graph's scale will immediately zoom to the smallest value in your dataset.
- To zoom out, showing the graph's full scale again, select the More actions ( ••• ) menu again and choose the Show full scale option.
- You can also enter custom values for the low and high ends of your graph scale.
Compare your primary metric to a prior period to see change on a sparkline graph
- Within your sparkline, under the Graphing panel select the More actions ( ••• ) menu on your Measurement (y-axis).
- Choose the Add delta option to compare the value on the graph to a previous period and show change.
- Your previous period delta will display within a tooltip on hover of your graph, showing a delta icon to indicate positive or negative change.
- To change the delta's period of comparison, navigate to the Graphing panel on the right side of your graph to the Delta section below Measurement. There you can change the period to compare previous years, months, weeks or days. Note that the Delta's period of comparison will always default to Prior period. Learn how to use Delta to show period comparison across other graph types in Tethr.
- Below the period selection menu, toggle the view to show percentage change or show absolute change by selecting the associated radio buttons next to each option.
Save your sparkline report to a dashboard:
- Be sure to add your newly created sparkline report to your dashboard by selecting Add to dashboard link in the top-right header of your newly saved report.
- On your dashboard, you can adjust the positioning of each report tile into the order you prefer by grabbing a report tile with your cursor then dragging and dropping it into your preferred place.