Some phone systems may split calls into parts whenever someone is transferred, placed on hold, or someone is conferenced in.
For example, a call where a customer is placed on hold may have 2 parts:
1. The customer speaks with Agent A (before placed on hold)
2. Agent A returns to finish the call with the customer
Calls split this way tend to skew report analytics as these two individual call parts are counted separately instead of being treated as one complete call.
Composite calls is a filter option that helps you combine these parts of the call into one composite call for accurate report analytics and ease of playback.
Composite calls make it easy to:
- Visualize all the separate call parts together in one complete call.
- Give more accurate report analytics by counting a composite call once (vs. each call part).
- Easily navigate between call parts during call playback.
- Create categories that better target the complete call (vs. each call part).
Composite calls in Search & browse:
- Composite calls filter: allows you to show results as either composite calls (i.e. parts combined into one complete call) or individual calls (i.e. parts shown as separate calls).
- Call parts: a list of each call part. Click the call part's timestamp to see that part's call timeline and transcript.
Composite calls in Calls: